THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”) APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OF SPACE ALPHA (“SPACE ALPHA”, “WE” “US” “OUR”, COLLECTIVELY, THE “WEBSITE”). WHETHER AS A GUEST OR A REGISTERED USER.
FOR THE GAME SPACE ALPHA see the TERMS of the Steam Subscriber Agreement.
IN THESE TERMS, THE WEBSITE SERVICES ARE COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS THE “SERVICES.” BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND AND ABIDE BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU MUST NOT USE THE SERVICES. IN PARTICULAR, WE WANT TO HIGHLIGHT SOME IMPORTANT TERMS, POLICIES, AND PROCEDURES IN THESE TERMS.
BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS: You are also agreeing to other rules and policies that are expressly incorporated into and a part of these Terms.
- Our Fan Content Policy explains what you can do with SPACE ALPHA’s Intellectual Property in the content you create.
- Our EULA (End User License Agreement),
Changes to the Terms of Service
Last updated August 6th, 2021.
We may update these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes.
Accessing the Services and Account Security
We may withdraw or amend the Services, and any related service or content, or restrict access (including by means of cancellation, termination, or modification, or suspension of a user account) to all or certain users (including you) without notice and without liability to you in our reasonable discretion. Additionally, due to your geographic location, the Services or some of their features, services, or content may be unavailable to you. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we may terminate or suspend access to the Services based on your breach of these Terms.
To access certain Services, you will be asked to provide registration details or other information, and in order to use such resources, all the information you provide must be correct, current, and complete.
- If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential (other than user name), and you must not disclose it to others.
- You must immediately notify SPACE ALPHA (via info at spacealpha.com) of any unauthorized use of your user name or password or any other breach of security.
- You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
- You may only access the Services through your own account.
- Users do not own their accounts, and gifting or otherwise transferring of accounts or access keys is prohibited.
- We reserve the right to change your display name if we deem it offensive, misleading, potentially infringing the rights of third parties or if you have been inactive for more than a year.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services, including all content, features, and functionality thereof, are owned by SPACE ALPHA, its licensors, Steam, or other providers of such material and are protected by German and international copyright, trademark, patent, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You are permitted to use the Services for your personal, or legitimate business purposes related to your role as a current or prospective customer of SPACE ALPHA. Except as provided below, you must not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, or transmit any of the material obtained through the Services, or delete, or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services. However, if you are otherwise in compliance with these Terms, you are permitted to use, elsewhere and on other websites, an unaltered copy of portions of the content that is publicly available on the Website.
You must not reproduce, sell, or exploit for any commercial purposes any part of the Services, access to the Services or use of the Services or any services or materials available through the Services. SPACE ALPHA’s Fan Content Policy governs use of such content. For clarity, the foregoing permissions are limited to the Services, and no rights are granted with respect to any servers, computers, or databases associated with the Services.
Billing and Payments
ALL CHARGES INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, REGARDLESS OF THE PAYMENT METHOD, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS OR AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
SPACE ALPHA may offer you the ability to use the following payment methods for payments through our online shop: credit card, or any other payment method as specified by SPACE ALPHA (“Payment Method”).
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to access or use the Services for any purpose that is illegal or beyond the scope of the Services’ intended use (in SPACE ALPHA’s sole judgment).
The Services contain comment sections, and other interactive features that allow you to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to SPACE ALPHA and other users (“Post”) content or materials (“User Contributions”) on or through the Services.
All User Contributions must comply with the following content standards:
- User Contributions must not be illegal, fraudulent, deceptive, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and must not consist of or contain software viruses, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.”
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the User Contributions that you Post at the time of Posting; that the User Contributions are accurate and not fraudulent or deceptive; and that the User Contributions do not violate these Terms or the rights (intellectual property rights or otherwise) of any third party, and will not cause injury to any person or entity.
- You understand that your User Contributions may be copied by other Services users and discussed on and outside of the Services, and if you do not have the right to submit User Contributions for such use, it may subject you to liability.
- SPACE ALPHA takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content Posted by you or any third party.
- SPACE ALPHA has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any User Contributions.
- SPACE ALPHA has the right to terminate your access to all or part of the Services, if we determine that you violate these Terms. SPACE ALPHA may exercise these rights at any time, without notice or liability to you or any third party.
You may link to publicly available portions of the Services if you do so in a way that is fair and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part. The Services must not be framed on any other website or service.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If the Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these Terms will prejudice the statutory rights that you may have as a consumer of the Services. Some countries, states, provinces or other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation of liability as stated in this section, so the below terms may not fully apply to you. Instead, in such jurisdictions, the exclusions and limitations below shall apply only to the extent permitted by the laws of such jurisdictions.
The Services and all information, content, materials, products, and other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Services are provided by SPACE ALPHA on an “as is” and “as available” basis. SPACE ALPHA makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Services, or the information, content, materials, products (including software), or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Services.
You expressly agree that your use of the Services is at your sole risk. To the full extent permissible by law, SPACE ALPHA disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. SPACE ALPHA does not warrant that the Services, information, content, materials, products (including software) or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Services, SPACE ALPHA’s servers, or electronic communications sent from SPACE ALPHA are free of viruses or other harmful components.
To the full extent permissible by law, SPACE ALPHA will not be liable for any loss of profits or any indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with this these Terms.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the controlling language for these Terms is English. It is the express wish of the parties that these Terms and all related documents have been drawn up in English. Any translation has been provided for your convenience.